Friday, April 29, 2011

You're Planting a Vegetable Garden?

Maybe you've had it happen to you, too. Friends and family members learn you are planting a vegetable garden. And since you are, would you mind planting some____ for me?

I am as neighborly as the next person, but it raises my hackles to be asked this. The way I've handled it so far this time around is that if the requested veggie is something I was planning to plant anyway, I respond with, "That's already in the ground. When it's time to pick it, I'll give you a call."

"Oh," is usually the first comeback response..

And my full intention is to notify that person after I've harvested what I need for my family. After all, that was one of the biggest reasons I planted a garden in the first place.


If the vegetable is something I haven't yet planted, but also would enjoy it as much as the person requesting it,, I'll go ahead a plant a little, space providing. I enjoy variety in my vegetable garden and sharing extra with others feels like the right thing to do to me.

Do you plant extra when planning your vegetable garden? If so, what will you do with the extras?

1 comment:

Rohail Memon said...

These are the great blogs; I assure you that I really enjoyed a lot in reading.
find more